Sunday, April 7, 2013

Undersized Urbanite - "Raise the Roof", Progress Update

This week/weekend was work on the roof week, in which I hoped to get a lot farther than I did, but since I still managed to get through one of the trickier parts, I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

Look, the house is upright again! I decided that the stonework has turned out so well that I won't mind gluing it all in place, after I paint a few more spots. So it's pretty much just a masking tape dry fit (sticky fit?), and a little droopy. I've been moving it around the house more than I should've because a curious toddler made a few unplanned after-Easter visits. First visit, the house didn't have it's siding and she left it alone. Second visit, she made a pit stop from looking for toys, to play with the house's chimney, and that's when I realized that the Steampunk house needs to hide when she's here. I'm all for playing with dollhouses, just not this dollhouse.

The front of this house is so flat, I thought it would nice to give the roof more texture by cutting some corrugated scrapbook paper into rounded shingles, it's looking good. I've got another row and some edges to trim for the front, which thanks to that window, should be the worst of it. Then there's the interior side of the cabinet, and the top of the shelving portion. Sounds like a lot, but once I cut up all the pieces it goes fast. Everything needs to be done by May 4th, I'm hoping for the 2nd though, so I have time to take decent photos. Hmmm...


7 comments:

  1. Hello Kyle,
    Great work. The roof is lovely and the tiles with the stonework look beautiful.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac!

      Btw, I love your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! you did a wonderful job with stonework and roof tiles.
    Nice proportions.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete