Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Copyright Notice, Privacy Policy, Advertising Info, & Disclosure Policy

Hi everyone,

This is a friendly notice to all readers and followers of my blog, regarding some of the legal information that you should know about while reading through and enjoying my blog. My blog is always growing and changing, and this information will help insure that everyone can continue to read and enjoy this blog without any problems. Currently, there are no known incidents regarding my blog, and I would love to keep it that way.

This post may be edited/revised over time, with or without notice, and will be accessable through a link on the sidebar for future reference. I recommend periodically rereading these policies once in a while.

By reading and/or following my blog, you acknowledge and agree to the following;

Copyright Information

Unless otherwise indicated, all blog content is Copyright Kyle Lefort 2013, and may not be reproduced, "re-blogged", or otherwise redistributed without my permission.

That said, I do understand that the ability to communicate and share ideas is an important part of blogging, and the internet in general,

So, In the event that you wish to share something from my blog, for "non-commercial" purposes, you may post small portions of my content [no more than 2 images/1 paragraph-in quotations, per post] on your blog/website, as long as I am properly credited for my work AND there is a working link back to my blog(on the same page as the content). An email or posted comment to inform me that you're doing this would be nice, but you do not need my written permission as long as you follow these rules.

Please Note (this is Very Important): As a professional designer & artist some of my work posted online was created for paying clients[example: logo designs], and in most cases, either the client has paid for the rights to use my work as they wish OR the client is the copyright holder and has granted me permission to use the designs for self-promotion [as the designer/artist who did the work]. Most of this content is labeled as being client work within my blog and/or can be found on my online portfolio site. You Do Not Have Permission to use any of  this work, without contacting me first and getting my direct permission, in writing (an email usually counts as writing in this case). Use of this work without permission is Copyright infringement and you will be putting yourself at risk of a lawsuit or other legal action. So if you are unsure whether or not something is client work-Please Ask before re-postig it somewhere. Thank you. :)

In the event that I feel that you have misused, or used without my permission(read above paragraph), any of my blog content, You agree to do what is necessary to remedy the problem, and/or remove all of my work from your blog/website, at my request. As the content creator and, in most cases, Copyright holder of my work, I reserve the right to have any of my work removed from a blog/website, for any reason.

If interested in using any of my work for commercial purposes, either by licensing out past work, or by commissioning me to create something new for you, feel free to contact me by email, kklefort[AT]gmail.com , or through any other sites that I'm on, such as Facebook, where messaging me is possible.


Tutorials

You are welcome to use any tutorials that I post to make DIY projects for your own personal use only please. I sell my work, that is part of what I do for a living. If I find that people are turning around as using my tutorials for commercial purposes, especially in competition to my own work, I will of course stop making new ones.




Privacy Policy

Nothing about this blog is meant to harm anyone, and to the best of my knowledge, the information automatically collected from you when you visit my blog, cannot personally identify you, beyond your general location (city/state/country) and/or your activity on this site (example: page views).

"Cookies" are small pieces of data that save information when you visit websites so you don’t have to re-enter it every time you return. Advertisers can also use cookies to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These may be used in relation to my blog, but I am not implementing or controlling them myself. You can choose not to accept these cookies by making changes to your browser’s privacy settings, but doing so may prevent access to some sites and/or prevent you from using all of a sites features.

Personally speaking, any information I can collect, actually see, and use will either be information that you voluntarily disclose to me through your own actions, such as following and commenting on my blog, or falls inline with Blogger's privacy policy.  The information I receive from this site is used in relation to blogging, and nothing more.

There are also third party sites, that may also be collecting information in regards to how you use this site;

Click here to read about what information Amazon collects.





Disclosure Policy

In trying to comply with the FTC Ruling for Bloggers, I am disclosing the following information;

Both my actions as blog writer/owner, and your actions as the reader, may help to generate an income on my behalf. The content I provide to you on my blog is free of charge, but it does take my time and resources to create/produce. This potential income helps to off-set my costs and pay my bills, which in turn helps to keep this blog going.

Throughout this blog (including the sidebar) there are links to other sites. While I am the one who created these links, and would not intentionally recommend or try to send anyone to a bad site, I am not liable for anything that happens as a result of you going to, using, purchasing items from, or otherwise interacting with these other sites, because I don't own or run them (excluding the ones that clearly have my name on them, of course). Click on links at your own risk.


Reasons for linking to other sites (so far);

  • I find that the products and/or information on these site may be of interest to my readers
  • Advertising purposes, which I try to keep relevant to the blog
  • Promoting the work of other friendly bloggers with interests related to mine
  • Additional promotion for my clients in relation to the design work I have done for them
  • Helping to generate more traffic to and increase participation in blogging related events & contests
  • A common courtesy to anyone that has given me gifts, awards, or has somehow helped me in relation to my  ongoing blogging projects.


Third Party Advertising & Product Placement Information;

Kyle Lefort is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.


In closing, I would like to thank all of my readers and followers for their interest in my blog, I appreciate it, I really do. I hope to keep entertaining, providing useful information, promoting and encouraging other artists & bloggers, and sharing my experiences with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment