Friday, September 7, 2012

What I've Been Up to This Summer---Traveling


Went to a few places this summer, most recently, 1000 Islands (also in New York). Specifically Clayton, where we were visiting a family friend. I don't want this post to end up like a boring vacation slide show, so I'll just share some of the more relevant photos.

We went to the antique boat museum in Clayton, where we got a tour of this awesome houseboat.



I would love to live in a houseboat, but this one needs a tugboat to move-I can't afford 2 boats. Also, since a millionaire built it and another millionaire bought and fixed it up after it sank-twice-I don't think a houseboat this awesome would be in my price range to begin with.

Some inside photos;



I want to make these shelving units (in mini)



I want to make this fireplace (in mini)






I  really liked this boat.

And, the last Lady of the house...



had a miniature collection. (see I told you it was all relevant!)

And now I will leave you with photo of some Canadian Geese. Why? Because this isn't Canada.



 (although we are very very close, this time).



Oh, and this squirrel from an ice cream parlor we went too-don't touch it (I love Clayton). XD

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for following my blog. This enabled me to find yours. I like very much what I see.
    You are right about the fireplace. It's a most inspiring piece. The squirrel is cute!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)

      I stumbled upon your blog the other day, read a couple posts, and instantly loved it. I've been reading through your older posts the past couple days and I am also liking what I see.

      It's unfortunate, but none of the dollhouses I'm working on have fireplaces. Even though the larger house has two chimneys attached to the roof! Maybe I'll fit one in somewhere...or just wait until I end up starting another project. I really want to try and make one.

      I'm also glad you liked the squirrel-it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen in an ice cream parlor, and it had to be blogged.

      Delete