Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Undersized Urbanite 2014 - One Last Update

Christina posted on her blog that there are only 6 days left in Undersized Urbanite, and that was a roughly a day ago-As of posting this I've got about 4 1/2 days to finish this house. (ah!)

So here's my last round of WIP photos;

Made and then painted pretty blue frames for the shutters
(more cereal box cardboard)

Finished weaving the cereal box floors,

added some Popsicle sticks to finish the edges,

and used a few more Popsicle sticks to make a hardwood floor.

I planned to just paint the floors brown,
 but then I found some Sharpies and gold paint. ^_^


There's the brown. A really watered down wash of acrylic paint. 
I'll see how it looks tomorrow, after it dries, and then go from there.

Last year I was given a small pile of torn up, but otherwise usable paper bags. Instead of being tossed out, some of them went into the walls/ceilings of the Steampunk House and the rest ended up in a box of paper supplies.
Well, I'm using a few more now for the walls/ceilings again.
Stay tuned to see what that looks like. I'm waiting for the glue to dry as I type.
(The house this year is more recycling than anything.)



I've got a lot of work ahead of me still, but I'm actually further along  than these photos show, and my house is supposed to be bird house themed-minimal furniture. I started raiding my stash for pieces I can use, and I already started some of the room accessories.

The final big (small) reveal should be later this weekend (Here's hoping).
Now I'm off to get some late night miniature work finished 
(good thing I like doing this)

In case I forget to say it later-good luck to all the other entrants. :)

6 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to your final reveal Kyle. I love that you are using so many recyclables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kyle,
    What a great use of materials. It looks beautiful and is so original and creative. Great work!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and unique work! ..5 days huh? better get crackin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks wonderful, I had a panic attack yesterday until I read the rules so Im ok today I just have a few more things to do and my project is finished. Good Luck :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. How original! I love the cereal floor. Good luck!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking good, Kyle. Sometimes the pressure of finishing makes us work better. ;-) I'm looking so forward to your final reveal.
    Go, go, go....
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete