Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Curious Concepts Project: New Series Progress: "A Skydiver" and "Neil" Part 2

Time for a progress report on the Curious Concepts Project!

>>Click here to read the last project update first, if you haven't yet.<<

I was so focused on working on the new illustrations, I neglected to update sooner, so Illustration #1: Brandi's request, "A skydiver", has gone through quite of few changes since everyone last saw it;


Made some composition changes

Blocked out the colors

Painted in the Background

Shading

Still trying to figure out the whale

Starting to like the whale again, except it's too dark

Lightened up the whale

Shading all the little people, and the fish.

This one is taking longer than I thought it would, but it actually has a lot of little details, so I guess that was bound to happen. This is probably also going to be the largest illustration in the new series. I want to say it's almost done, but between still needing to draw in a plane and the rest of the rigging, I'm pretty sure this is only the half way point.
Illustration #2: Devon's request, "Neil".
Not as much progress with this one, but it is really close to being finished.
This is what it looked like last update,

And this is how it is now.
More shading and details. A few more left to do and then this piece is all done. I don't know if I've mentioned it before or not, but this composition's lighting blocks out one of the eyes-enough that I can't draw one in, but something needs to be there-So I was thinking about adding an eye patch, maybe. We'll see how it looks when I'm done shading, if the shadows aren't dark enough, eye patch it is.

---

That's where the project is now. I'm hoping to be much further along at the next update. I've been scrambling to keep inline with my planned schedule, but if you read the blog or even just talked to me in person then you know that October has been one of the busiest months I've ever had in terms of art and design, and that's actually a really good thing. It do need to stick to my personal commitments though, hence the scrambling.

---







1 comment:

  1. whoo hoo..I cant wait to see what others have come up with :)

    ReplyDelete