Sunday, September 15, 2013

The 33rd Annual Dollhouse Miniatures Show and Sale - I Will Be There!

After about 2 years of saying, "I need to get into some [dollhouse/miniatures] shows", I was finally directed to one within driving distance here in  western New York. I think it was a relative's coworker that knew about this one (my local miniatures network seems to be growing).

The 33rd Annual Dollhouse Miniatures Show and Sale!

It’s being held by the WNY Miniature Enthusiasts at the
Hearthstone Manor in Depew, NY
- September 29, 2013. 10am-4pm.

(Here's their website; http://www.wnyminis.com/)


I found out about the show in August, so I figured that I was too late for this year, but after talking to two very nice ladies involved with the show-they found room for me, so I'm in! I will be one of the vendors at this year's show. ^_^

As soon as I thought that there might be a chance to be a part of this show, I started working on some new miniatures. I was getting a bit anxious waiting to hear back, I'll admit to that. If you're following me on Tumblr, you probably saw the post I made about making things and going sir crazy, so it's not like that was some big secret. Once I got the official notice that my application was accepted I posted again on Tumblr and Facebook, but I held off on the blog until I had something new and finished to show off.

Well...

1:12 scale pumpkins were going to happen with or without this show,
but the pottery is definitely a new addition.
I have dozens of bowls already, and I always planned on making more of this pottery because everyone seems to like it. Finally had the motivation.

There are also white pumpkins on the way, a few more pottery pieces waiting to be sealed, some furniture (some I made, some I'm painting), and whatever else I manage to turn out in the next week or two. I've got 8 feet of space to fill, but only about 3 feet worth of sale ready miniatures (inventory + my Etsy listings). So the more I can make the better. Every miniature thing I'm working on right now is strictly for the show, and oh, a quick heads up ---> My Etsy Shop will be closed the during the show (Sept. 29th).

I'm making plans to take The Steampunk House with me this year too. Provided I have room for it. Not for sale of course, I love it too much. I just think that some display pieces would be a good idea, and it's been packed up in the basement all summer. It would be nice to put in on display somewhere for a while.
(btw - Undersized Urbanite starts Sept. 30th this year, the day after this show-Good timing Christina ^_^ )

I've got a ton of work to do, so I'm going to get back to that. If you're going to be in the area, miniature show, September 29th - You should go. :)

3 comments:

  1. Im glad they made room for you, your little bowls look cute

    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kyle,
    I hope the show will be a tone of fun and very successful.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of making my way up there for this show, maybe I will pop by ;P

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete