Saturday, January 26, 2013

Design, Minis, Photos, & A Lot of Talking

Most of my posts lately have been all about my entry for Undersize Urbanite , so I think it's time that I talk about some other stuff (I'm waiting for some U.U. things to dry anyways). I've got a small list of things I should talk about so...

...1. If you don't follow my blog/read all of my posts, then you may not know it, but I'm a Graphic Designer. Freelancing at the moment, I recently wrapped up a project designing a logo and some web banners for a new client.


Bon AppetEats work can be found several places online(and Florida), and is worth a look if you're in the market for some polymer clay miniatures or jewelry.


2. Happy Birthday Jazzi!

As one of the first people I've met through blogging: I thank you for being the nice, friendly person that you are. Best of wishes to you, (and mini Jazzi on her globe trotting, postal adventure).

3. In a previous post  I mentioned that I was going to post new items on Etsy.
If you've been keeping an eye on my shop via the sidebar to your right, then you may have seen a couple new things pop-up, followed by my shop being closed for several days. Sorry about that. I went with my family out to Indiana to celebrate a special someone's birthday (the Big #1), and at the last minute decided that trying to keep tabs on the shop would've taken away valuable peek-a-boo time. XD

The shop's been re-opened, and to restart the current wave of new listings, I've added this lovely necklace;


The non-jewelry, dollhouse version has already been listed (along with a couple of other chocolate boxes),

but I like this photo, so there you go.

You can find more in my Etsy shop.
Moving on...

4. Neen of the blog, "Universe in Miniature", recently acquired a vintage dollhouse, but is having trouble identify the model/brand. If you're a collector (or even just curious about these things), that can be frustrating. I told her that I'd keep an eye out for info on this house.

This is a photo of Neen's house, more on her blog.

If you've been following the progress on my Van Buren rehab, then you may remember that it took some work to find out that I did indeed have a Van Buren. Nice people online and a stock photo helped to end my search, so I'm posting this hoping that someone out there can help with Neen's. It's 1:16 scale and made of fiberboard. If you've got any ideas, either contact Neen or just comment on this post and I'll pass the info along to her. Thank you. :)

...That was going to be it for this post, but then my mother showed up with some photos she just took over at Niagara Falls today, and that inspired me to dig through my old files and share some of my neat winter photos with you;




Frozen Lake Erie, 2010. We went to a winter festival at Evengola State Park in Feb. that year. First two photos are of the frozen and snow covered waves you can find along the shore this time of year. The third photo is of some random people walking out on the lake. Personally, I wouldn't go to far from the shore, but some people were out ice fishing well beyond the horizon line, so it's safe to say that the ice was pretty solid that year.



And then we have the aforementioned Niagara Falls. Just the United State's side because I don't think I've ever gone to the Canadian side during the winter. Customs and more mist to deal with, not worth the trouble for photos when it's that cold. Winter 2008. These were taken in January, I think. The falls don't freeze over often but the mist does. The ice can build up on everything the mist can reach, including my camera, so I remember not staying on the observation deck for very long. Top photo is just the American falls, while the bottom photo also has the Horseshoe falls in the background.

One misconception about the WNY area is that it's a snowy frozen wasteland for most of the year. Not true, we get all of the seasons (sometimes all in one week-twice) and a lot of beautiful things to see throughout the year.




2 comments:

  1. I may be one of the few people in Virginia who get homesick for the snowy winters of Western NY, which your photos triggered! All kidding aside, thank you so much for posting my house and helping to find its origins, that was very kind. I hope you enjoyed the birthday party, playing peek-a-boo and spending time with your family.

    Best, Neen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to leave the area long enough to miss the snow. ><

    You're welcome, hope that it helps.

    I did enjoy the party, and playing peek-a-boo, Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete