Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Done & Done

I'm so happy that I finally have some finished work to show off. It's been a while, I think.

As mentioned, I've been working on a gift for someone. That someone was my adorable baby niece. She's an infant, there's not much I could make that wouldn't be a choking hazard. So I opted to just make something cute and functional.

Originally a beat up stepping stool, I fixed it and then drew/painted my own rendition of the nursery rhyme, "Hey Diddle Diddle", on it.


The rhyme includes a little dog, but they have two little dogs in their home. So I made sure to include both of them. I think it turned out pretty well.



 The photos were taken in two different rooms-I was trying to wrap up my present while photographing it (I don't recommend doing that, btw).



 Next on the list-Billy! The dollhouse is done!








Yes, those are glow in the dark stars on the ceiling.



The hardwood floor is made from Popsicle sticks, several coats of polyurethane, and lots of patient sanding. Just about every person that has seen this floor in real life let me know how impressed they were by the craftsmanship. Dollhouse hardwood floors-apparently my calling in life.

I'm going through the furniture I have and working on decorating the inside now. Last I saw it, the interior was a mess, but it's fun to keep rearranging things. I'll post pics of that once I decide on the layout. Then I get to make more stuff. Yay!

...Oh hey look, I've got followers. Hi everybody! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment